January is one of our favorite months, partially because it is typically a time when Colorado turns white with the dust of snow, but also because it is learn to ski and snowboard month!
But before January rolls around (it’ll be here quicker than you’d think), we urge you to participate in the Bring a Friend Challenge (BAFC)! The BAFC is completely online and begins on Dec.1.
Details are posted at bringafriend.org.
You, your friends, family and colleagues can take the BAFC and possibly win some pretty cool prizes in the process. Just introduce ONE friend or family member to skiing or snowboarding and help him/her sign up for a beginner lesson from a professional instructor. It’s that simple.
Help us and the entire snow sports industry get the word out about BAFC! Our goal is to introduce the beauty of snow sports to as many people as we can each year!
Also, tune into our blog as we follow a first-time skier through this season- starting soon!
Here are some more details, taken from bringafriend.org –
There are two ways to qualify for prizes in the national Bring a Friend Challenge.
1) If you are a current skier or snowboarder, just introduce at least one newcomer – a friend or family member – to a beginner lesson or lesson package from a professional instructor.
2) If you are a newcomer yourself, bring another newcomer with you to take beginner lessons from a pro. It’s more fun to learn with a friend or family member.
Either way, you will be considered an “Inviter”. Those those who you invite/help enroll will be considered “Invitees”. These terms will apply when the registration form is filled out.
Qualified participants – Inviters – can win among weekly prizes offered by Challenge sponsors. Product prize winners will be drawn starting the first week in January through March 17. Grand Prize four-day trips to Sun Valley, Idaho; Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons in Utah or Smugglers’ Notch in Vermont (during the 2013-14 season) will be awarded at the end of the Challenge. Check Prizes for details.
The national Bring a Friend Challenge runs from December 1, 2012 – March 17, 2013.
To qualify for prizes:
1. Inviters must out the Bring a Friend Challenge Entry Form (a new form must be used for each new person you invite).
2. The person(s) you invite must take a beginner lesson or lesson package from a professional instructor. Lesson programs are available HERE or at a local venue of choice. Either way, a copy of a receipt, voucher or beginner lift ticket must be uploaded to verify that your friend(s) or family member(s) took the lesson(s). Special January learning programs and basic newcomer information is posted on www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org.
3. Eligability requires a completed registration entry form and verification.