The sun is shining, friends and family are in town, and the grills are heating up – it is the perfect day for your 4th of July outdoor party! The 4th of July is the ideal holiday to get creative with your tablescapes along with food and dessert ideas. There are so many options to choose from, all of which will ensure you and your guests have a fabulous and tasty Independence Day! We’ve done the research and Pintresting and have gathered some of our favorite ideas to help you plan!
Tablescaping is one of the most exciting parts of hosting an event or party. It combines artful, tasteful decorations and allows you to put your spin on the aesthetic of your party. You get to creat your tablescapes with the ease of mind of knowing no matter what it will look terrific! Here are some great ideas of things you can make or buy to add to your table for the perfect touch.
- Red, white and blue tablecloths: Tablecloths are essential for any event, they keep your table clean while adding the right amount of decoration. There are many options available to purchase that won’t break the bank. Go for a fun striped one or a solid color with decorative stars!
- Red, white and blue flowers: Flowers are also a great choice for your tablescape. Their simplicity adds the perfect detail to your table, while also bringing in the fresh feel of summer! You can choose to do mixed colors, or a simple solid. Check out your local florist or grocery store for some affordable options! For an added touch, you can wrap red, white, and blue bandanas around the vases!
- Festive outdoor umbrellas: Wanting to shade your patio while also sticking with the 4th of July theme? Look into purchasing a red, white, or blue umbrella! Come on in and let us help you keep your Independency Day feeling comfortable and food chilled.
- Themed paper plates and napkin sets: When having a party, it’s a time saver to have disposable plates and napkins! There are a plethora of American Flag or star-themed sets available for affordable prices. Compostable sets can also be found and offer an eco-friendly option. Plate and napkin set always bring a fun touch of decoration to a party without much work on the host! If you want to get crafty- you can also find red, white, and blue strings or ribbons to wrap around the napkins!
Another essential part of a Fourth of July party is desserts! Here are some easy, DIY festive desserts guaranteed to make your mouth water. An added bonus? All of these recipies are either gluten free or can be easily adjusted to be so!
- Watermelon: For a tasty and healthy treat, cut up slices of watermelon for your guests. You can use cookie cutters to make them into fun shapes like stars for a more patriotic feel! Nobody can refuse a cold piece of juicy watermelon.
- Red, white and blue popsicles: Popsicles are another easy DIY dessert idea. Use any fruit juice or lemonade flavor, and then add food coloring to create any pattern you please! These are sure to cool your guests down, and give them something sweet and refreshing to munch on!
- Patriotic cupcakes: Cupcakes are always a crowd favorite. Choose whatever type of cake you want, pop them in the oven, and then use food coloring to make different frosting options! Frost as you please, and then add some festive sprinkles for the final touch.
We hope these tips help you plan the perfect Fourth of July gathering! Celebrate responsibly, and happy Independence Day, America, from Outpost Sunsport.